Inlaks Scholarships are designed for providing an opportunity to bright young Indian students who aspire to pursue full-time Masters, M. Phil or Doctorate studies in reputed and top-ranked institutions in the USA, UK and Europe. It aims to nurture exceptional talents improve their skills and develop outlook abroad that will make them impact society and environment positively.
Administration of Inlaks Scholarship:
The Inlaks Foundation runs joint scholarship schemes in collaboration with Imperial College, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), Royal College of Art (RCA), all in London, University of Cambridge and Sciences PO Paris. Among the inclusions are Engineering and Nautical Sciences, Indian Studies only if it is relevant, Western Classical singing in Music, Documentary Filmmaking which is specific to Imperial College, London. Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film and Film Animation are some of the exclusions.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has set elaborate eligibility norms for scholarships abroad:
- Restricted to resident Indian citizens.
- Must be below 30 years of age in the year of application.
- Must be first-class graduates from any Indian university or Institute.
- Individuals educated abroad must be residing in India for a continuous period of two years.
- Applicants in creative fields will be judged on the basis of a portfolio.
- Applicants must have been selected for admission in any of the approved institutes.
Application Process for Inlaks Scholarship:
- Online application in the official portal [email protected] from 15th January to 31st March up to noon.
- A candidate can apply only once.
- Candidates of creative and performing arts must upload their portfolio.
- Declaration of fund cover for the course.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory.
Points to note for Application:
- Your E-mail ID needs to be verified.
- The data is not saved before you submit the application.
- Once the application is submitted, you cannot edit the application.
- The document transcripts must be submitted in PDF format.
- The applications status will be mailed to the registered e-mail ID.
The Foundation sets up an independent Inlaks Selection Committee for evaluating the submitted application: the steps followed are:
- The valid applications are analyzed by the committee and only promising candidates are shortlisted for interview.
- The place of the interview is Mumbai or New Delhi in the month of May or June.
- The selection process is conducted in two stages – Preliminary and Final Interview.
- Expenses for travel and accommodation are borne by the candidate.
- If the candidate receives no intimation by the 15th of May, it is to be presumed that the application has not been approved.
Terms of Inlaks Scholarship:
The Foundation has been granting the scholarships to exceptionally talented bright Indian students since 1976. The primary aim of the Foundation is to discover candidates with flair in any special unusual field with a promising future for success. Once a potential candidate is spotted, the Foundation positively approves the grant of Inlaks scholarship and ensures that no worthy candidate is deprived. .
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees, living expenses, one-way travel expense and a health allowance.
- The maximum amount of the scholarship is US$100000.
- If the tuition fees plus living expense exceed the scholarship amount, the candidate must submit proof to cover the shortfall at the time of interview.
- After the scholarship is approved, any other award is welcome.
- The scholarship will not be granted if the course requires field trip to India.
- The grant is made in May for commencement in September or October.
- It the project is not commenced within nine months of approval, the scholarship shall be forfeited.
Inlaks Foundation grants scholarships abroad to nurse exceptional talents for exploring further development. The foundation bases its selection not only on the achievement of the candidate but also looks at the future potential. Judging the right candidate is the USP of the Inlaks foundation.
Know how Indian students can apply for these scholarships to study abroad at https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/scholarships